- Home Care
- Medical Staffing
- Apply Now
- About Us
Articles of Interest
Personal Care Services for Seniors in Naples, Florida
- As often happens with age or illness, we may unexpectedly find ourselves unable to complete even simple daily tasks. Sometimes this is a result of health concerns such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease; or perhaps it is due to surgery or just the frailties of age. If you or an aging loved one find themselves unable to perform activities of daily living, consider in-home care from BrightStar Care of Naples for assistance.
In-Home Care after Surgery in Naples, Florida
- If you or a loved one have surgery scheduled soon, it’s a good idea to start a planning checklist for all that you’ll need before – and after – your surgery. In addition to the books and magazines you’re starting to gather, consider all of the other chores that need taken care of while you’re recovering. Whether you’ll need help with housekeeping and meals, or post-op medical assistance, consider in-home care from BrightStar Care of Naples. We offer numerous home care options, depending on your need, from skilled nursing care to companion care and home support services.
Summer Weather Safety from BrightStar Care of Naples, Florida
- Summers in Florida can be unpredictable, especially along the Gulf of Mexico. The sun can be shining brilliantly one moment, with sudden downbursts, thunder and lightning the next. BrightStar Care of Naples understands the instability of Florida weather, and we know that everyone – especially seniors – should be prepared. Senior home care from BrightStar Care offers companion care services and help at home, no matter the time of year.
In-Home Care Activities for Seniors in Naples
- Aging does not necessarily mean a decline in activity. The elder care experts from BrightStar Care of Naples are putting their experience to work and coming up with some great activities for people of all ages to enjoy.
Senior Care Helps Older Drivers in Bonita Springs, FL
- We all age differently. Some seniors may exhibit excellent driving habits well into their eighties while others may show reduced driving skills much younger. For this reason, families must be vigilant about monitoring the senior drivers in the family to ensure that they drive safely to protect themselves and others. BrightStar Care in Bonita Springs has some advice for you to consider if you care for a senior driver.
Help with Hygiene for Dementia Patients
- Good hygiene is essential for good health, but many elderly adults with dementia often forget to bathe or simply lose interest. When they do practice a hygiene routine, it may take a great deal longer than it should due to the difficulties of staying on task or judging spatial relationships.
Monitoring Vital Signs in Naples FL
- These days, many aging adults prefer to stay in their familiar and comfortable homes rather than move to an assisted living facility or nursing home. Remaining at home is a pleasant idea, but there are also many things to consider – particularly if you or your aging loved one is recovering from illness or surgery.
How Our Senses Change with Age
- Throughout life, we take our senses for granted. But as we age and the structures of the eyes, ears, nose and tongue change and nerve endings become less sensitive, we may suddenly realize how good we had it in years gone by. Now, food is less enjoyable; it’s impossible to read small print on medication bottles and food packaging; the TV is always at full volume and we don’t feel sensations on the skin like we once did.
Urinary Incontinence in Naples, FL
- Aging has its benefits, but also its drawbacks. Urinary incontinence is one of those drawbacks, and although you or your aging loved one may be embarrassed to talk to a doctor about the problem, a visit is in order. BrightStar Care of Naples knows firsthand how common urinary incontinence is for seniors, but we also understand that it can be very embarrassing.
Dementia Care in Naples, FL
- A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease can devastate your family and your elderly loved one. Fear, anger, guilt and grief are just a few of the emotions you may be feeling after such a diagnosis, and you may be worried about what the future has in store, especially if your loved one is intent on remaining at home.
Keeping Medication Organized
- For many older adults, medication is a fact of life. Some individuals only take one or two pills a day. However, for much of the senior population, five or more pills are more typical; and some adults take even more than that. When you become the personal caregiver for your elderly loved one, you are responsible for ensuring that medication is taken in the proper dosage and at the proper time.
Helping Elderly Residents Recover from Injury and Illness
- It is a fact of life that the older we get the more likely it is we will suffer an injury or illness. It could be an accidental fall in the tub or shower that results in a broken bone, or a trip and fall on the sidewalk while getting the mail. Perhaps it is a bout with the flu or a fight with pneumonia. No matter what the circumstances, the right elder care can make a big difference.
Senior Care Services that Make a Difference
- When you live in the Naples area, you need senior care services that will provide your loved one with a better quality of life, even if they are dealing with declining health. Most seniors want to remain independent, and the senior care options provided by BrightStar allow this to happen. Senior care services can encompass a broad range of medical and non-medical care in the home. Our services can include daily companion care, or live in senior companion services depending on the needs of your loved one.
The Benefits of Disability Care Services
- When dealing with a loved one suffering from a disability, you want to make sure that you can provide them with the care and assistance he or she needs to maintain a high quality of life. If your loved one is accustomed to living on his or her own, choosing the right disability care service in Naples can make a world of difference to their happiness, health, and state of mind.