- Home Care
- Medical Staffing
- Apply Now
- About Us
Articles of Interest
BrightStar Introduces a New Level of Technology For Infusion Therapy
- BrightStar Care is Proud to Announce a New Level of Comfort in IV Infusion Therapy in Boynton Beach.
- VeinViewer® Flex is a highly portable vascular access imaging device helps find the nurse-using optimal venipuncture site and avoid potential complications, providing unmatched comfort.
Music Therapy and BrightStar Care
- Music Helps Dementia Patients Recall Memories and Emotions, provides engagement and socialization, stabilizes mood and allows the Alzheimer’s patient and caregiver to share a special bond and closeness. Music appreciation and aptitude are the last remaining abilities in patients with Alzheimer’s. Using music is a way to reach the patient even after all other abilities are gone.
FACT: One of the Only Activities That Activates, Stimulates and Uses the Entire Brain IS Music
Alzheimer’s Advocacy Events in Boca Raton Engage Community
- On Sunday Feb 21st, Karyn and Evan Turk hosted ‘Polo With A Purpose’ at the International Polo Club in Wellington. The event was to raise awareness and money for Alzheimer’s and the West Palm Beach Walk to End Alzheimer’s walk, to be held at City Place on October 8th, 2016.
Alzheimer’s Home Care in Boca Raton Promotes Safety
- Alzheimer’s disease is a form of dementia that affects memory, cognitive function, judgement and the ability to perform simple tasks. A progressive disease that worsens over time, the stages of Alzheimer’s range from mild symptoms initially (such as difficulty remembering names or making decisions), to the critical stage and complete dependence.
BrightStar Care Delivers High-Tech Infusion Therapy in Boca Raton and Delray Beach
What is IV therapy?
- Intravenous therapy, also known as Infusion or IV administration is the delivery of medication and nutrition directly into the veins. Infusion Therapy is performed by a Registered Nurse with expertise and skilled training in the insertion and management of IV’s and procedures for infusion of medication.
Rally to Tally to Meet with Florida Legislators to Advocate for Alzheimer’s Patients
- BrightStar Care Delray Beach Joins the Rally to Tally to meet with Florida Legislators to advocate for Alzheimer’s patients, Caregivers and Families. Owner Amy Adaniel said “I was honored to be a part of this effort along with the 20 other advocates from our region.”
Meet the Newest Member of Our BrightStar of Delray Beach team, Cooper!
- We are happy to introduce you to our Pet Therapy puppy in training, Cooper. Cooper is a Morkie (mix Maltese and Yorkie) puppy who is a playful, friendly and sweet. We started Cooper on the training process at just 12 weeks old, so Cooper can start to bring joy, happiness and smiles to our clients’ lives.
Managing Your Medications Safely with Home Health Care
- Many of today’s seniors to want to age in the comfort of their own homes. Aside from retaining a level of independence, home represents a safe-haven filled with pets, familiar things and memories.
The Gift of Home Care in Boca Raton
- If you could present your elderly loved one with the gift of good health, you would purchase enough to last a lifetime. While that may not be possible, you can easily give them the next best thing – the gift of comfort, safety and peace of mind. BrightStar Care, a home healthcare agency in Boca Raton, Florida, offers numerous senior home care options – from companionship for help with daily tasks – to home nursing and Alzheimer’s care.
Home Care in Delray Beach Helps Seniors Adjust to Sensory Changes
- It is very common to experience changes in our senses as we get older. While the most noticeable occur with our vision and hearing, it is also possible to notice changes in touch, taste or smell. Changing senses affect how we go about our daily lives, how we interact with others and how we participate in daily activities. Home care services from BrightStar Care Delray Beach help seniors face sensory changes so they can remain comfortably and safely at home.
Mealtime Tips for Alzheimer’s Patients in Boca Raton, Florida
- Those living with Alzheimer’s disease face many physical and emotional challenges, including eating for proper nutrition and hydration. Although Alzheimer’s is a progressive neurological condition that affects memory and behavior, many Alzheimer’s patients also have no appetite – or they simply forget to eat. As a family caregiver, you may be frustrated as you attempt to provide balanced meals that your loved refuses to eat. Alzheimer’s home care services from BrightStar Care in Boca Raton understands the delicate nature of patients with Alzheimer’s, and our caregivers are ready to step in and help with assistance and suggestions for a positive mealtime.
Relief for Rheumatoid Arthritis in Boca Raton, Florida
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes joint pain and swelling, making even everyday tasks difficult and painful. BrightStar Care in Boca Raton understands the challenges of daily living with rheumatoid arthritis, and we offer in-home care services to help you live as independently and comfortably as possible.
Summer Weather Safety in Boca Raton, Florida
- Beautiful beaches and ocean fun are trademarks of South Florida, but so are heat and humidity. Summer and the rainy season bring on afternoon thunderstorms – and occasionally – there are severe tropical weather threats to address. For seniors, preparations are a necessity to safety, and BrightStar Care in Boca Raton provides senior care services – not just during the summer, but all year long.
Companion Care in Boca Raton Keeps Seniors Active
- Boca Raton, Florida offers sunshine, the seaside and great shopping. While many seniors actively participate in all that Boca Raton has to offer, some cannot – whether due to mobility issues, pain or chronic illness. Physical and mental activity is just as crucial for the elderly as for any age, but remaining active is not always easy – especially for those who live alone or need assistance. BrightStar Care in Boca Raton offers in-home care services for those who need a little bit of extra help to stay active as they age.
Foot Care Advice for Boynton Beach Seniors
- As seniors age, every aspect of health care becomes increasingly important. This is true even for those things that might seem largely inconsequential, like foot care. Yet foot care is highly important for the elderly to remember. April is Foot Health Awareness Month, so now is as good a time as any to make sure that your aging loved one is taking proper care of their feet!
Assistive Devices in Boca Raton
- Getting older can be a challenge, but emerging technologies have led to gadgets and tools that vastly improve the ease of performing many everyday tasks — from reading, to walking and getting dressed. BrightStar Care in Boca Raton knows that many seniors resist using assistive devices, sometimes out of denial or fear and sometimes out of pride. We’d like to help.
Senior Home Safety in Delray Beach
- Government organizations such as the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control report that when it comes to aging at home, seniors are at a higher level of risk than their younger counterparts. More than 10 million seniors injure themselves falling down each year. These statistics do not mean that the elderly are incapable of living on their own; rather, they indicate that a great deal can be done to ensure that a senior is safe at home.
Let Respite Care Give You a Break
- Watching your loved one’s physical or mental health deteriorate is a major life change. Maybe your mother was once a dynamo on the dance floor but now has trouble making it across the room; or perhaps your wife used to be a painter until Parkinson’s took control of her hands. Whatever your situation, these changes can be frightening, stressful, and depressing for everyone involved.
Embarrassed by Urinary Incontinence?
- Aging definitely has its benefits, but age also brings about some changes we’d rather do without. Urinary incontinence is one of them, and it’s one of the most common problems seniors encounter. Unfortunately, many seniors are ashamed or embarrassed about their inability to hold their urine, and as a result, may not bring it up with their physician. Many folks who suffer from urinary incontinence also shy away from social activities, afraid of an embarrassing accident.
Dealing with Sensory Changes – What Patients and Caregivers Need to Know
- You may already be familiar with some of the dietary changes that accompany the aging process. As we get old, we often lose the ability to hear certain tones or pick up certain frequencies. Some of us will even need to wear a hearing aid to understand normal speech and function in our daily lives.
Experiencing the “tweens” with your teen? We can help!
- Your 12-year-old is mature and self-sufficient in some ways, but in other ways, she’s completely hopeless, as is to be expected during the tween years, when your kid isn’t really a “child” anymore — but isn’t an adolescent, either.
Chasing Away the Holiday Blues in Delray Beach
- To many seniors, the holidays are especially bleak. With the sights and sounds of joyful celebrations all around, loneliness and sadness are more pronounced – particularly if they are alone or away from family. BrightStar Care of Delray Beach understands.
BrightStar Disability Care Services
- Disabilities can strike anyone at any age, and when this happens, the sudden changes in care requirements can be devastating. If you are in the Delray Beach area and require disability care services, BrightStar Care is available for you.
BrightStar Alzheimer’s Care in Boca Raton, FL
- Alzheimer’s can be devastating for you and your loved ones, and BrightStar Care is available in Boca Raton to provide the personal care and dementia care that your elderly loved one needs during this difficult time.
Low Impact Exercise for Seniors
- As one ages, it’s important to keep active. Even seniors who require home care in Boca Raton, FL can be encouraged to exercise as much as possible, and the best exercise for seniors is low-impact. Pounding away is fine when you’re younger, but aging muscles and bones need lighter treatment.
Key Advantages of Live-In Care from Delray Beach Home Healthcare Agencies
- Home care services in Delray Beach, FL come in many different shapes and forms. There’s home-based post-op care for those recovering from surgery. There are companion care services in Delray Beach, as well as other caregiver services. However, one of the fastest growing types is live-in care. Is this the right type of care for you or your loved one? Actually, it could be. In order to determine if it is, you’ll need to know a bit more about it, as well as its benefits.