- Home Care
- Apply Now
- About Us
Caregiver Screening Requirements for BrightStar of Honolulu
Rigorous screening and training is required for Every BrightStar Caregiver
At BrightStar of Honolulu, we believe in giving peace of mind to our clients by offering the highest quality caregivers available. Each employee we provide must maintain the core values that our company upholds. These values include compassion, integrity, family, excellence, trustworthiness, accountability, and diversity.
We know that finding a compassionate, dedicated and qualified care professional when you need one can be a difficult process for individuals, families and healthcare providers. At BrightStar, we understand the challenges that you face. That’s why we are committed to rigorous recruitment and screening standards as well as high quality home care practices.
BrightStar of Honolulu is a Joint Commission accredited home care provider.
The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization which surveys and accredits healthcare organizations. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards, so you’ll have peace of mind knowing that we are held to a higher standard when it comes to our hiring process and procedures.
BrightStar of Honolulu is also a CQA (Caregiver Quality Assurance) provider.
The CQA job fit personality assessment uses the latest technology to help assure that the people caring for you or your loved one are trustworthy, dependable, and have the attitude and personality skills needed to provide top quality care.
Our Caregiver Requirements
We conduct the following screening processes and practices for every employee to ensure you are getting the utmost in quality, skill and professionalism every time:
- CQA job-fit personality assessment
- Online skills competency assessment
- In-depth interview to determine skills and experience
- Live skills competency demonstration and assessment
- Criminal background check
- License/certificate verification in accordance with state law and requirements
- Continual license status monitoring throughout employee tenure
- Reference checks via phone or mail
- State health screenings as required by law
- No-cost Hepatitis B vaccination
- Bloodborne pathogens training as stated by OSHA guidelines
- Current CPR certification
- Drug Screening
Once screened and approved for hire, we do everything we can to ensure a successful relationship between the client and caregivers. Each BrightStar employee undergoes:
- Competency verification by a Registered Nurse (RN)
- RN supervisory visits for personal care and skilled service cases at 60-day intervals
- In-office orientation prior to placement
- Warm introductions to clients and paid orientation shifts for assigned clients
- Employee performance reviews within the first 90 days and annually after that
Ongoing Caregiver Monitoring and Education
BrightStar also encourages all of our employees to broaden their knowledge base with continuing education.
Our recruiters seek out top talent in every market we serve. We then complete stringent screening, background checks and face-to-face interviews with each candidate to ensure their qualifications and competencies are in line with our clients’ needs. But our dedication to getting the right people doesn’t end there. A BrightStar representative follows up with each placement to make sure it’s a good fit for your organization, because it’s our goal to make your life easier.
If you have any questions about our caregiver requirements and screening process, please contact us today at (808) 447-7448 and we’ll be happy to answer them.