- Home Care
- Medical Staffing
- Apply Now
- About Us
Articles of Interest
Wandering, Safety, and Alzheimer’s Care in Louisville
- When a loved one has Alzheimer’s disease, families face many challenges. Because of the inability to think clearly, communicate, and remember, families fear that their loved one may wander off, get lost, or be injured. BrightStar Care offers Alzheimer’s care services in Louisville that provide safety for the person experiencing Alzheimer’s disease, and peace of mind for families.
Encouraging Words for “Empty Nesters” in Louisville
- Are you experiencing feelings of loss, depression, disinterest, or discouragement ever since your child left home? “Empty Nest Syndrome” isn’t something to be dismissed lightly. Many people experience it, and there are ways to ease the pain of your children being out of the house. BrightStar Care Louisville can help replace those feeling of sadness with brightness and purpose during this time of transition.
Aging Well with Senior Care in Louisville
- Maintaining good health as a person ages can become challenging for some people. Eyesight begins to weaken, joints begin to stiffen, appetite fades, and energy begins to wane. The result can mean declining health and an increased risk of injury in the home. By comparison, there are some things every senior can do to maintain good health and make it easier to remain living independently at home for longer. Some simple suggestions include…
Senior Care Offers Companionship for the Lonely in Louisville
- It sometimes happens with age. Loneliness. Lifelong friends and partners pass away, the kids grow up and move away. Pets are great company, and so is the television, but nothing replaces a warm embrace or a shared cup of coffee.
Morning and Evening Routines in Dementia Care
- Those with symptoms of Alzheimer’s and dementia often find comfort in the familiarity of daily routines. Simple activities and personal tasks may seem mundane to some, but they are crucial in caring for a loved one with dementia.
Personalized Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia in Louisville
- It was five years ago that my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, a type of dementia that affects memory, thinking, and behavior. I had a very difficult time accepting it, as dad had always been so strong and proud. I soon realized that my refusal to accept the inevitable was very selfish on my part, as I was not helping my dad at all. While I was very busy with a full time job, as well as my own demanding family, in my spare time I was over at my parents’ house assisting in any way that I could. As the Alzheimer’s progressed, my father’s behavior changed, and mom was having a hard time controlling him.
Louisville Home Care Eases the Challenge of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- March is Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Awareness Month, and BrightStar Care Louisville would like to bring attention to this progressive neurological disease. MS occurs because the coating around nerve fibers in the central nervous system is damaged, resulting in the disruption of signals between the brain and the rest of the body.
Winter Safety with Senior Care in Louisville
- As the holidays arrive, everyone gets busy shopping, wrapping, baking, and decorating in order to prepare for this festive time of the year. In the midst of these activities, it is just as important to make arrangements to keep elderly relatives safe during the coldest days of the year, particularly when ice and snow begin to arrive. Senior care in Louisville, from BrightStar Care, helps seniors remain safe throughout the winter – and all year round!
Alzheimer’s Care in Louisville Helps Others Understand
- If you have just learned that a family member has Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, BrightStar Care Louisville can help you learn more about the disease and what to expect, how to keep your loved one safe, and how to manage the uncharacteristic and often unexpected behavior that you’ll see. Alzheimer’s care in Louisville is the best resource for families searching for comfort, care, and safety.
Louisville Home Care Eases the Embarrassment of Incontinence
- Urinary incontinence sneaks up on many of us for different reasons. Sometimes due to age and weak bladder muscles, or maybe because of surgery and the inability to get to the bathroom quickly enough, incontinence can be embarrassing. Particularly after major surgery, toileting can be tricky – especially if you are weak, unsteady, and off balance. At BrightStar Care Louisville, our main concerns are safety and fall prevention. Our home care services in Louisville are your best resource for overcoming the anxiety and awkwardness of incontinence.
Stay Healthy for the Holidays with Home Care in Louisville
- The holidays have always been known as a time of family, food, and fun. I get to see my Uncle Jim and Aunt Terri, whom I haven’t seen in 3 years, and I am able to eat delicious treats that were prepared with such love and care, while I play board game after board game betting my cousin Joe that I’ll finally beat him this year. My Dad loves having the whole family around for these special times, remembering old memories and creating new ones, and for those few days surrounding the holiday he is well fed, and well watered. However without the family around, the house is much more quiet, and the fridge is much emptier. Perhaps, I thought, it was time to consider senior care in Louisville.
Quality of Life with Alzheimer’s Care in Louisville
- When mom was first diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, I knew a little of the road we were about to travel. I understood that it is a progressive disease, and while my mom was functioning fairly well now, her behavior would change as the disease advanced. Thankfully, for an extra measure of comfort and safety, my dad and I engaged BrightStar Care and their in-home Alzheimer’s care in Louisville.
Should Seniors Appoint a Power of Attorney?
- Yes! There are two different types of power of attorney (POA) — financial and medical — and both are legally binding documents that protect you in the event you cannot speak for yourself. Another document, a living will, states your wishes for life-threatening situations. Known collectively as advance directives, every senior should learn more – and consider implementing – these important documents. BrightStar Care, your source for Louisville senior care, would like to help you understand what they mean as well as their benefits.
Senior Care Gives Mom the Attention She Deserves
- According to research, the average mom has only 17 minutes to herself each day. As a mother myself, I can totally understand. When I mentioned this statistic to my own mom, she just laughed and said, “Welcome to motherhood.” She has devoted most of her life to her kids, and I often wondered how strange it was for her once my brother and I had left the nest. She once joked that it was great to have us gone, but in other conversations, she mentioned how bored and useless she felt. As a family, we decided to seek help for her — and senior care in Louisville seemed like the solution.
Supporting the Sandwich Generation with Senior Care in Louisville
- According to the National Family Caregivers Association, more than 50 million Americans provide home care for a chronically ill, disabled, or elderly family member or friend. If you are an adult child caring for your parents — and still raising a family of your own – you are part of what is known as the “sandwich generation”. Although you want to do your best for your parents, your kids and yourself, it can all be a bit overwhelming…
Establishing Trust with Senior Care in Louisville
- Caregivers from BrightStar Care Louisville know the importance of establishing trust, and good communication is often the key. As much as possible, we want our aging adults to feel a part of their own care plan, involved in decision-making and voicing their needs and preferences. Trust is essential, and home care in Louisville provides a seamless experience for all involved, including family members.
Celebrate Older Americans Month
- May is Older Americans Month—a chance to raise awareness about the challenges that older adults often face, and to celebrate their accomplishments and contributions. It is also a chance to remind ourselves of how we can support and learn from our elders. For seniors choosing to age in the comforts of home, senior care in Louisville offers services that promote safety, seamless care and support. BrightStar Care, your home care agency in Louisville, offers services such as…
Elder Care in Louisville Offers Safety When Vision Declines
- Age often ushers in a number of eye conditions, such as glaucoma, that affect our ability to see and function safely. Glaucoma is a disease that causes damage to the optic nerve, resulting in vision loss over time. There is no pain or other overt symptoms to alert you to the possibility of glaucoma, only the progressive loss of vision. The good news is that by keeping up with your regular eye exams, your eye doctor can catch glaucoma at its earliest stages. As with many diseases, early diagnosis and treatment are crucial.
Home Care in Louisville is Your Key to a Health Heart
- Heart attack is a serious health risk, especially for aging adults. That’s why BrightStar Care, a home care agency in Louisville, encourages everyone to know the signs of heart attack. Our caregivers also want you to stay heart healthy – and here’s how we can help.
Alzheimer’s Home Care in Louisville, Kentucky
- Alzheimer’s disease, a type of dementia, is a progressive condition that affects memory and physical abilities. If you feel that your parent or elderly loved one may be showing early signs of an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, consult your physician for diagnosis and treatment. Then consider in-home care for physical and emotional support for both your loved one and family.
Keep Your Heart Healthy with Home Care in Louisville
- It’s February and time to think about your heart health! Your age shouldn’t stop you from taking part in simple exercise to benefit your heart and decrease blood pressure and cholesterol levels. In fact, even the simplest daily exercises can help to strengthen your muscles, improve balance, prevent bone loss associated with osteoporosis and help prevent diabetes and heart disease. Exercise is crucial to your health regardless of your age.
Keep Track of Your Health with a Personal Health Record
- Although many hospitals and doctors give you access to your patient records online, you need to be computer savvy to log-on, create an account and click through to find your information. Once there, you can view your test results, doctor’s notes, prescriptions – even schedule an appointment or print forms. Not everyone has computer access, though, and every doctor’s office and hospital keeps their own separate records.
Giving the Gift of Home Care in Louisville
- Gift giving always takes center stage this time of year, and you’ll find crowded stores and jammed parking lots as you search for the perfect present for everyone on your list. If you have an elderly loved one, make it simple this year and consider the gift of senior home care from BrightStar Care Louisville. Companion care is the gift that gives all year long, offering your elderly loved one peace of mind, at home, surrounded by beloved pets and familiar possessions.
Patient-Centered Home Care in Louisville, Kentucky
- When the time comes to engage senior home care for yourself or an elderly loved one, think first of BrightStar Care Louisville. Whether you need medical assistance and home nursing — or the fellowship and home support of companion care — you can count on us for quality care right in the safety and comfort of your own home.
Senior Home Care Eases Loneliness in Louisville, Kentucky
- Loneliness is the constant companion of many seniors in Louisville, and those empty feelings often lead to sadness and depression. BrightStar Care of Louisville wants you to know that we understand. Our senior home care providers can be there to help you break free from the blues by providing social interaction and help with your daily household activities.
Summer Weather Safety for Louisvillle Seniors
- Many of us look forward to the summertime, with sunny skies and long days. Gone are the frosty days and cold nights of winter. Unfortunately, summer can also bring risky weather. The heat and humidity are stifling, and afternoon thunderstorms can be dangerous. BrightStar Care of Louisville understands the need to be prepared for whatever weather the summer generates.
Stroke Awareness from BrightStar Care of Louisville
- May is National Stroke Awareness Month, and BrightStar Care of Louisville would like to remind you of the stroke warning signs. It’s crucial to know these warning signs and act quickly at the first sign of a stroke. Minutes matter!
Coping with Alzheimer’s Disease
- The symptoms of Alzheimer’s may be subtle at first, with slowly fading memory or conversation skills. You’ve noticed your loved one confused on occasion, sometimes forgetting whether he’s eaten lunch or taken his medication. You’ve also noticed he’s becoming more and more disoriented – he recently got lost on his way to the grocery store. Are these just symptoms of age or could it be Alzheimer’s disease?
Multiple Sclerosis Care in Louisville KY
- Your body has an early warning mechanism called the immune system. It protects your body against invading viruses and bacteria; in fact, it’s the reason you get a fever when you’re ill. A fever is the signal that your immune system is busy fighting unwanted germs. In the disease called Multiple Sclerosis (MS), your immune system becomes confused and attacks your central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord), as well. It is a progressive disease, meaning it gets worse over time.
Home Care Helps Seniors Stay Healthy
- Now that the seasons are changing and colds and allergies fill the air, elder care specialists from BrightStar Care of Louisville know how important it is to halt the spread of germs. People often get sick (with a cold or sore throat, for example) before even showing any signs of illness. That’s why it’s so important to stop germs in their tracks, particularly when someone in your home is elderly or has a weakened immune system. BrightStar Care’s in-home care providers show you how.
Activities of Daily Living in Louisville
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) are the basic tasks that we each perform every day – such as bathing, getting dressed, preparing meals and moving about the house. For seniors, especially those with arthritis, balance or mobility issues, completing these daily tasks can be a challenge. As more and more elderly choose to age in their own homes, help may become necessary to complete these essential activities safely.
Pointers for a Positive Mealtime
- Mealtimes often evoke memories of families gathered around the table. Pleasant aromas waft through the cozy kitchen as noisy discussions, barking dogs and clanging pots fill the air. A boisterous radio drama blasts from the corner.
Preparing for Mighty Jack Frost ~ Home Safety for Harsh Winters
- Winter has arrived in much of the United States – bringing with it bitter cold, slippery ice and towering snowdrifts. BrightStar Care Louisville understands the importance of wintertime safety, especially for the elderly. Our senior home care services, whether personal care or companion care, can help with safety preparations.
Neurological Disorder Care in Louisville, KY
- Anyone who has been being the caregiver for someone with a neurological condition knows how hard it can be to deal with the stresses that life and the illness can bring. No matter how much you love and care for the person who has a neurological condition, sometimes the daily care and special care needed can be too much for a family caregiver. Knowing when it’s time to bring in outside help is very important. At BrightStar Care in Goshen, KY, we can help you determine when that time has come, and we have the right people to help you through it.
Caregivers and Transportation for Seniors in Prospect, KY
- It’s the kind of thing many of us take for granted — the simple process of getting from point A to point B when we need to do it. But sometimes life has a way of intruding on schedules and plans. Often, it’s the result a joyous occasion, like the birth of a child. Other times, it’s due to a new health issue or an injury that makes driving and movement difficult.
Factors to Consider Before Utilizing In-Home Care
- If you’re located in Louisville and you’re considering in-home disability care, companion care, or any other form of home care, here are some of the factors you should consider before utilizing those services. None of these is really more important than any other; they are all important. You should always make sure the agency and caregivers you choose are highly qualified and completely professional.
The Benefits of Respite Care
- Acting as the sole caregiver for your loved ones is a rewarding experience, but it also comes with an exorbitant amount of stress. The simple activities of making sure that your loved one has everything he or she needs, including someone to talk to and engage with, is taxing on its own. However, if you have a family or career of your own outside of this role, your stress levels can go through the roof. When this happens, you run the risk of becoming ill due to exhaustion and other mental health issues, which will mean that you are unable to handle any of your responsibilities properly.
Senior Exercise Programs for Mental Health
- It is no secret that physical exercise is a major factor in long-term health for people of all ages. However, mental exercise is just as important. There have been numerous studies that have shown that some mental processes, such as memory and thinking tend to decrease with age. These changes are not only problematic; they also result in feelings of frustration and anger in your loved one. One way to address these problems is to look for home care in Buckner, KY that includes mental exercise programs for seniors in their services.
It’s BrightStar’s Turn to Do the Dishes
- You have barely any clothes to wear (they’re all in the laundry hamper) and no dishes to eat breakfast off of (unless you count the ones piled up in the sink). We’ve all had those days—or weeks, or months—when we’re so swamped for time that keeping the house spotless slides way down the priority list. Or perhaps you’re a senior citizen and it’s getting harder to move around and perform those tedious daily tasks. But you still need clothes and dishes! So consider calling in reinforcements. BrightStar Care’s home support services in Louisville can help you keep your life organized.
Not Mary Poppins—But Close!
- It’s been three months since you and your spouse have managed to have an evening alone together. You love your kids, but you can only spend so long changing diapers and hearing cartoons blaring in the background before you just need a break. There’s no shame in that! But you’re a bit hesitant to entrust your precious little ones to the care of your thirteen-year-old neighbor Suzy, so what choice do you have? This is where BrightStar Care comes in. Our child care professionals are available for nanny services in Louisville that will keep your children happy, healthy, and safe.
Exercise Your Way to a Long Healthy Life
- La Grange has always been a city that respects its history. Rather than see the town’s historic general store torn down, a prominent citizen had it moved to his personal property and re-purposed it into living quarters. This Kentucky city was founded with the idea that its view and organic beauty should be preserved.
Carrying Healthy Eating into Later Adulthood
- We love our hot browns in Louisville. Nothing gets us more excited than a hot turkey sandwich covered in cheese and bacon. But after a lifetime of indulging in this delicious fare, we may find we have to cut back and eat a little healthier. One perk to living longer is the chance to put into practice all the things we learned along the way.
Keep Elder Lives Vibrant with Personal Care in Louisville, KY
- When you have an elder relative who can no longer do things for herself, you may not have the time you would like to spend with her, to help her do everyday things like grooming. This is the time to consider home health care in Louisville, KY. Having someone specialized in elder care to help your loved one to bathe, dress and take care of other personal needs will allow her to keep the skills she needs to feel independent.
Home Care Workers Teach Healthy Diets for Long Life in Prospect, KY
- For seniors, healthy eating with the assistance of an in home health care aide provides many benefits. They include better chronic health problem management, faster recuperation, higher levels of energy, better resistance to disease and increased mental acuteness. Eating a healthy diet also helps in keeping a positive outlook. Concerned staffers with senior care in Prospect, KY will help seniors in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Crestwood, KY Home Care: Assisting Seniors with Heart Healthy Living
- One of the main threats to the health of seniors is heart disease. Over 80% of people aged 65 and older succumb to heart disease or complications from it. The risk of heart disease does increase with age, but it need not be an inevitable aspect of growing old. Choosing healthy lifestyle habits and eating a diet that is heart healthy can certainly provide protection for seniors in Crestwood, KY.
Deciding Between Assisted Living and Home Care for Seniors in Middletown, KY
- Aging is inevitable, and there’s little point in trying to resist it. However, as people grow older, they overwhelmingly tend to resist the idea of leaving the surroundings with which they’ve become familiar. Most seniors want to remain in the place where they’ve built their homes and enjoyed their lives. The idea of moving to out of their home is unthinkable, and often this brings seniors and their adult children into conflict. When discussing care options, it’s important to respect the desires of an aging parent, and to realize that there are options available other than a move to a residential care environment. In Middletown, KY, it’s very often possible for seniors to live at home for many years, providing that they receive the in-home care that they need.