Hospice Care Assistance
BrightStar Care® of Oak Brook provides supplemental caregivers for hospice care in southeast DuPage County, Illinois. We work to provide team-oriented care in conjunction with the family and primary hospice provider to people with a life-limiting illness or injury. We help administer expert medical care, pain management, emotional and spiritual support to a person at end of life, as well as support to their loved ones.
When family caregivers can’t be with their ill loved one due to work, distance, or simply because they are exhausted and need a break, families need to know that they have options. A supplemental caregiver or nurse from BrightStar Care of Oak Brook can give families solace in knowing that their loved ones are being cared for, even when members of the family are not able to be there.
Many family members choose to be in the supportive role to their loved one by leaving the caregiving role to BrightStar Care.
What aspects does a hospice assistance caregiver help with?
- Providing respite care when the family caregiver needs rest
- Communicating with the hospice care providers for continual care
- Assisting with personal care, including bed baths, assistance with toileting, and personal hygiene
- Medication management, including pain comfort
- Providing companionship, including light housekeeping, meal preparation and running errands
- Tracking meal intake
- Measuring outputs
- Assist client to meet end-of-life goals
- Enhance the home environment
- From hourly up to 24 hour RN, LPN, or CNA nurse service
What is Hospice Care and when is it an option?
Hospice care is a team-oriented approach for people with a life-limiting illness or injury. It provides expert medical care, pain management, emotional and spiritual support to a person at end of life, as well as support to their loved ones.
Many people using hospice care have a cancer diagnosis. Sometimes people with conditions such as end-stage Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, lung disease, and a host of other diagnoses receive hospice care.
Make BrightStar part of your loved one’s Hospice Care Team
For more information on hiring an hourly or live-in supplemental caregiver or nurse for hospice care, please contact BrightStar Care of Oak Brook at (630) 571-5555 today. For help with hospice care in the Naperville area, please visit our BrightStar Naperville website.