Halloween Safety Tips for Older Adults in Maryland
Before you answer the bell, it’s imperative that you check the peephole to see who is standing outside your door. If it’s a lone adult, you might want to keep the door closed for the sake of safety.
Older adults can be stressed from handling Halloween home alone. Here are some tips for helping Gaithersburg / Darnestown Seniors have a safe and happy Halloween.
Tips for Seniors Living Alone On Halloween:
- Invite a Caregiver, younger family member or friend to help.
- Remove hazards from stairs and front porches and use battery-operated flame-lights for jack-o-lanterns and other spooky decorations. Avoid candles and open flames.
- Avoid window decorations that block light or view of front entry.
- Don’t leave an elder with Dementia or physical limitations home alone on Halloween. Call a caregiver or take them to a community event or family home.
- Put out a sign when done “Sorry No More Candy”
BrightStar Care of Gaithersburg / Darnestown can help your loved one have a safe Halloween. We provide a full continuum of private duty home care services including companionship, personal care, transportation, medication assistance, skilled nursing and more, to improve the lives of those we care for. Learn more about our home caregivers CLICK HERE or please call us at 301-588-0859 for assistance.
Have a very Safe and Happy Halloween!