BrightStar Care of Austin observes Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month as an opportunity to spread the word about and discuss Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Throughout June, the Alzheimer's Association encourages people around the globe, including Texas, to support the movement by wearing purple and training their brains to fight the disease.
How to Observe Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month
- Donate time or money to an Alzheimer's organization.
- Volunteer at charitable organizations that need dedicated Alzheimer's volunteers, and encourage others to participate as well.
- Get educated - read, search the web, or watch videos online. Start by visiting our Alzheimer's resources HERE.
- Communities around the world hold public events and seminars to spread awareness about Alzheimer's. Take part in them and find out more about the disease and how you can contribute to the fight. Join a group or attend an event for Alzheimer's.
- Wear purple and join the social media campaign - Purple represents the fight against Alzheimer's:
- Share an image of you wearing purple and show your solidarity in the fight against Alzheimer's.
- Use the hashtag #EndAlz and #AlzheimersAndBrainAwarenessMonth.
- Change your Facebook Profile to Purple. Click Here to see how.
- Share your story: Be part of the Alzheimer's Association gallery by sharing a photo on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #ENDALZ or #EndAlzheimers.
For more information, follow @alzassociation or visit alz.org to stay tuned in to all the ways you can take action this month.
If you live with or know someone with Alzheimer's, one of the best things you can do for them is to help them stay active, especially during COVID-19. Get ideas for how to help seniors living with dementia remain active and stay safe Click Here.
BrightStar Care of Austin provides 24/7 to Hourly Private Duty Dementia Care.
We offer support around the clock, providing a full continuum of private duty home care and medical staffing services, including specialized Alzheimer's services. We proudly serve Central Austin, Eastern Travis County, North Austin, East Austin, West Austin, Lake Travis, South Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, and Tarrytown.
For more information on how BrightStar Care supports Texas families and businesses, and to learn about our local team of caregivers, sitters, and skilled healthcare professionals – please Click Here.