Through our specialized memory care program, BrightStar Connections, we are able to truly provide A Higher Standard of Care and support to our clients living with Alzheimer's or dementia.
It's equally important that we extend a hand to their families to let them know they don't have to take this journey alone. One of the many ways we support families is by providing information, answering their questions, and offering helpful tips, such as how to thoughtfully communicate with someone with Alzheimer's or dementia:
- Never argue, instead agree.
- Never reason, instead divert.
- Never shame, instead distract.
- Never lecture, instead reassure.
- Never say "remember," instead reminisce.
- Never say "I told you," instead repeat / regroup.
- Never say "You can't," instead do what they can.
- Never command / demand, instead ask / model.
- Never condescend, instead encourage.
- Never force, instead reinforce.
To learn more about the care and support we can provide to people with Alzheimer's and dementia in the home, give us a call at (949) 837-7000 today.