Will the next century hold the cure for Alzheimer’s?
Here are four areas for our community to focus on in 2020 towards the goal of ending Alzheimer's this century:
1. Education Education is vital to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease.
2. Research Support research and clinical trials so healthcare professionals can better diagnose the disease and develop medications to treat symptoms.
3. Fundraising Support the Alzheimer's Association and fundraising events like the Walk to End Alzheimers or the Longest Day.
4. Caregiving Help provide long-term care and family support for those living with the disease.
BrightStar Care® provides professional care for early, middle, and late-stage dementia patients. Our mission is to provide people living with Alzheimer’s or dementia the individualized care and support they need to:
- Live with dignity and purpose safely and securely in their own home
- Enjoy optimal health and emotional well-being
- Maintain connections to the people, places, things, and memories that matter most to them
We call this specialized approach “BrightStar Connections.”
BrightStar Connections is the Only In-Home Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Program of its Kind, and truly is A Higher Standard of Memory Care. We provide customized Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care Services including Hourly, Live-In, and 24/7 Care.
Respite Care — Need a break? We can provide care so family caregivers can have an evening, a full day, a weekend, or even a week or more to recharge and refresh.
Transitional Care — We provide specialized planning and transportation to ensure a safe transition from the home or current care setting to a new residence.
BrightStar Care of Louisville provides 24/7 to Hourly Care.
We provide care around the clock and a full continuum of private duty Alzheimer's care services, including companionship, personal care, and transportation. We proudly serve Louisville, Fairdale, St. Matthews, Middletown, Jeffersontown, Shively, Anchorage, and Taylorsville areas.
For more information on how BrightStar Care supports seniors and families, and to learn more about our local team of caregivers, skilled healthcare professionals, and home health care support for Louisville families and businesses please CLICK HERE.