At BrightStar North-Suburban serving Glencoe, we 're largely about providing the highest standard of home care in the area. But that's not all we're about. We're about facts and fun too; brainteasers and worry-easers; elder information that eliminates consternation; resources and news that you can use--even if it's only at a cocktail party. Sure, we want to know about things that help us age in place and age with grace, and here that relates to information about Glencoe that never gets old...
- Originally the home of the Potawatomie Native Americans, the village was officially established in 1835 and grew rapidly, in part because of the logging industry. These days, however, there are more people logging in on their computers than yelling "timber!"
Sometimes they log on to find a complete list of senior care services like ours at BrightStar.
- In Glencoe, it's easy to be part of the senior scene. In fact, 27.5% or almost one-third of the Glencoe population is 55 years or older.
Seniors are dug in here with mature roots and young spirits.
- Glencoe is rich in history and has a wealth of health and other services for seniors and every member of the community. It also boasts wealth of the financial kind and it is privileged to be one of the more affluent communities in the entire country (ranked 7th for its size in 1990).
- More than wealth has contributed to the renowned reputation of Glencoe. The village has served as home for movie stars, stage actors, poets, statesmen, skating champions, generals, captains of industry and (if we do say so) home of the brightest and best senior care services for miles (and smiles) around.
- The Scottish born Walter Gurnee was an important figure in Glencoe. He was mayor twice and involved in a lot of buying and selling of real estate on the North Shore and in Glencoe.
- Seniors and others will recognize the name of Edgar Hoover. The inventor of the vacuum fame cleaned up in Glencoe. He was born in the town and swept everyone off their feet with his entrepreneurial innovation.
- Several movies have been filmed in part in Glencoe. Seniors and younger folks have all gotten a kick out of flicks including Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Uncle Buck, Flags of our Fathers and parts of Risky Business.
Speaking of "unrisky business…" at all BrightStar North Suburban locations, including the one serving
Glencoe—we help senior and their families "cruise" to the finest skilled home care, companion care and other services found anywhere! Find out how we can help. Click quick and Contact us online or call (847) 510-5750 now.