Managing Elderly Depression and Promoting Emotional Wellness at BrightStr Home Care of Tempe
At BrightStar Home Care of Tempe, the care we provide isn't just about the physical; our personalized plans of care aim to help seniors with all aspects of their health, including emotional health and dealing with depression.
- Our clients are matched to their caregivers through our Guaranteed Compatibility program.
- Our RN uses a Life History Form to collect information about each client's individual interests.
- Our RN performs medication reviews to assess if/how certain medicines could be contributing to depression.
- We provide care and services to help our clients do things they enjoy that might be difficult or impossible to do by themselves.
Dealing with depression in the elderly and addressing emotional health is a critical piece of overall wellness. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), 6.5 million of the 35 million Americans aged 65 years or older are affected by depression. Most people in this stage of life with depression have experienced this throughout their life while others develop this later in life and is usually closely associated with dependency and disability.
As part of our commitment to the utmost in clinical quality, BrightStar Home Care of Tempe as a brand has been recognized as an Enterprise Champion for Quality by the Joint Commission, a nationally recognized mark of quality. With over 95% of BrightStar Care’s independently owned and operated locations Joint Commission accredited, we make a commitment of Guaranteed Compatibility for our clients with their caregiver and build individualized plans of care around not only the things that our clients need, but also the things they enjoy, all in support of their emotional wellness.
Care and support from BrightStar Home Care of Tempe for dealing with elderly depression
Families looking for help and support in dealing with depression in an elderly loved one can turn to our BrightStar team for help. Whether you’re caring for a loved one and need some respite or a senior in your life has advancing needs and would like to remain in their home, our team is available 24/7 to come up with a solution that is custom tailored to your loved one’s needs and interests.
1. Our clients are matched to their caregivers through our Guaranteed Compatibility program. The connection between caregiver and client is critical, not only to a client's care but also to a client's comfort and happiness. As part of our commitment to providing person-centered care, we created our Guaranteed Compatibility program. We have the processes in place to make sure that our clients are getting the best possible match when it comes to who will be providing them with care and support.
From your first phone call, our unique process matches the personality and needs of your loved one with our team of caregivers to find the best possible fit.
2. Our RN uses a Life History Form to collect information about each client's individual interests. The clients in our care a more than their conditions, they are people with interests, passions and history. As part of initial and ongoing assessments, our RN uses a Life History Form to take into account the intricacies of who our clients are as people, what they like to do and the things they enjoy.
3. Our RN performs medication reviews to assess if/how certain medicines could be contributing to depression. As part of initial and ongoing assessments, our RN reviews all of the medications that a client is taking at any given time, both prescription and over-the-counter, to ensure they are not only taking the right dosages at the proper frequency, but also to identify where medicines could be causing interactions and/or side effects, including exacerbating feelings of depression.
4. We provide care and services to help our clients do things they enjoy that might be difficult or impossible to do by themselves. We, then, incorporate these details into their personalized plan of care for our professional caregivers can weave person-centered touch points into their interactions with the client to engage them and brighten their day.
If you are looking for more help and support for a loved one who might be more vulnerable to infection, contact us today for a free in-home assessment to identify key risk factors and provide a comprehensive plan on how BrightStar Home Care of Tempe can help.