Halloween Safety Tips for Older Adults
Before you answer the bell, it’s imperative that you check the peephole to see who is standing outside your door. If it’s a lone adult, you might want to keep the door closed for the sake of safety.
Older adults can be stressed from handling Halloween home alone. Here are some tips to make Halloween safer for seniors in San Fernando Valley:
- Invite a younger family member. friend or caregiver to help give out candy.
- Remove hazards, stairs and front porches are a great place to display flame-lit jack-o-lanterns and other spooky decorations.
- Avoid window decorations that block light or view of front entry.
- Don’t leave an elder with Dementia or physical limitations home alone on Halloween. Hire a caregiver or take them to a community event or family home.
- Put out sign when done “Sorry No More Candy”
Have a very Safe and Happy Halloween!
BrightStar Care of San Fernando Valley provides a full continuum of private duty home health care services including companionship, personal care, transportation, medication assistance, skilled nursing, and more to improve the lives of our clients. Proudly serving: San Fernando Valley including Winnetka, Encino, Reseda, Tarzana, Woodland Hills, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, North Hollywood, Northridge, Granada Hills, West Hills, Chatsworth, and Valley Village, California.
For more information on how BrightStar Care supports San Fernando Valley Seniors and Families, and to learn more about our local team of caregivers, skilled healthcare professionals, and home health care support for San Fernando Valley families and businesses – Click Here