Sandy/Draper, UT– Geriatric Care Management
Geriatric care management (GCM) provides assistance for you and your loved ones in finding resources, making decisions, and managing stress.
It provides “one stop shopping” for care.
BrightStar Care Geriatric Care Managers can provide assistance with:
- Assessment and monitoring – full geriatric assessments (medical, functional, care needs, falls, cognitive, etc.) at each visit
- Long term planning – helping the client and family look ahead and anticipate future needs and options for care and placement
- Health Education – adapted to the client’s current health status to assist in enhancing health and preventing health problems in the future
- Family caregiver coaching — coaching of family members to assist with improving the safety and well-being of the client
- Home care services – determining types of services (skilled, unskilled, respite, volunteer, etc.)
that are right for the client and family to engage and monitor those services
- Medical management –monitoring adherence to medical orders, medications, treatment and physician instructions
- Communication – keeping family members and professionals informed as to the client’s well-being and changing needs
- Social activities – providing information on social, recreational, and/or cultural activities to enrich the quality of the client’s life
- Community Programs – providing information on federal and state entitlements; connecting families to programs for which they qualify
Safety and security – monitoring the client at home; recommending technologies to add to security or safety; observing changes and potential risks of exploitation or abuse
Our GCM program includes four components:
1) Geriatric Assessment and care planning
- Memory and Safety Assessments
with recommendations for care options based on the assessment and assistance with implementation of
desired care options.
2) Periodic ongoing visits (usually on a bi-weekly or monthly basis) monitoring of client’s progress with
updates and recommendations for any changes to client and family and assistance with changing care options.
3) Medical Management visits — attending MD visits with client with follow up interaction to help client
and family implement MD orders, treatments and medication changes.
4) Placement Assistance – Facilitating the search for long term care facilities and assisting with moving and transition.
BrightStar Care of Salt Lake City proudly provides Home Care and Support for Seniors, including 24 hour in home care, and support in independent and assisted living communities. We provide all levels of home care from companion services to Skilled Nursing. Medical Staffing, Home care, In-Home Skilled Nursing, In-Home Physical Therapy for pediatric, adult and geriatric patients, Companion and Personal Care for Elders with Alzheimer’s or Dementia. We also provide Home Child Care, Sitter and Nanny services for Children and Support for New Mothers. We Support Veterans as a partner of the VA/Veterans administration provider network and are a Home Care Provider for U.S. Department of Labor, Division of Energy Employees and Occupational Illness Compensation. We Accept most Long Term Care Insurance benefits, provide Hospice care, Live-in care, CNA, Caregiver, RN, LPN, RN Supervision, Compassionate Care, and Compatibility Guarantees. We are an ALS Society partner, Alzheimer Association member, and provide care for developmentally disabled and individuals of all ages with mental health and behavioral health diagnosis. Other services include safe discharge and transportation from the hospital or rehab facility, Post Op care both short and long term, Pre-Operation and preparation help and assistance, client monitoring for out of town family members. Proudly serving Sandy, Draper, Midvale, Salt Lake City, Park City, South Salt Lake, Mill Creek, Holladay, and Murray in UT.