As employee health and wellness have become a greater focus for organizations across the country, BrightStar Care has expanded our services to offer onsite corporate biometric screenings for businesses in the West St. Louis, MO area. Providing this service comes with many benefits for mid and large-size companies. These convenient wellness checks improve company culture and don't require sick time or leaving the office for hours at a time to see a medical professional. Contact our team to learn more about this valuable service.
What Do Corporate Biometric Screenings Involve?
Biometric screenings are routine health checks that establish a baseline for individuals to assess the risk for potential health issues. Unfortunately, many adults wait until they are sick to visit a physician, and wellness checks aren't scheduled regularly. Risk factors such as obesity and high blood pressure can lead to serious health problems if not addressed early enough. By making convenient biometric screenings available to employees, companies can take proactive steps to help them be aware of their health and make life changes to improve wellness. Biometric screenings involve:
- Bloodwork to measure glucose and cholesterol
- Height measurement
- Weight tracking
- Waist circumference measurement
- Body mass index (BMI) measurement
- Blood pressure checks
- And more
Benefits of Biometric Screenings for Employers and Employees
Biometric screenings are protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). So, even though these are provided by the employer, employees can take comfort knowing that their individual measurements and overall health condition will not be shared with the employer. A company may receive a summary of the health of their workforce overall, allowing them to make organizational changes to improve employee health further. Other benefits of this service include:
- Disease prevention – When employees know their overall health and triggers of health complications, they can take the steps necessary to live longer, healthier lives.
- Data analysis – Building a data baseline allows companies to track progress to see if their health program is working.
- Action plans – Knowing the health of the organization means businesses can implement improvements where needed.
- Boost morale – When employers show concern for employees' health and well-being, it boosts morale, contributing to increased productivity.
- Lower insurance costs – It's less expensive to prevent disease than it is to treat it. A proactive healthcare program can alert employees of health concerns and lower an organization's overall health insurance costs.
Additional Corporate Health Programs
Our onsite corporate healthcare programs aren't limited to biometric screenings. We are experienced and equipped to provide various screenings and health checks for employees, including:
- Early detection of prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
- Heart disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cancer screenings
- Flu and COVID-19 vaccine clinics
Show Your Workforce You Care
Biometric screenings by BrightStar Care in West St. Louis, MO are a cost-effective way to boost employee morale and show them you care about their wellness. As a result, your organization will benefit from a healthier and more productive workforce while potentially lowering your insurance costs. Contact us to learn more about ongoing health screenings or to set up a one-time corporate special event for vaccinations.