No two people are exactly alike. That’s why BrightStar Senior Living in Mason offers a wide range of activities in our vibrant and diverse community.
Designed to promote socialization, education and a little bit of fun, our Life Enrichment Coordinator continually develops new and exciting programs catered toward the needs and preferences of our residents. We carefully assess our residents and their abilities to make sure we offer something for everyone.
Our Memory Care and Assisted Living residents have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of engaging programs scheduled throughout the day, every single day of the week. We offer many senior living activities that residents can opt into or out of, and they change every week. Some of the most popular options include:
- Daily exercise classes
- Cooking and baking
- Gardening and flower arranging
- Hands-on art and crafts
- Educational activities such as guest lectures and group discussions
- Community social events
- Community book clubs
- Community service projects
- Trivia games
The Memory Care team at BrightStar Senior Living in Mason is specially trained to meet the unique needs of those who have Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our comprehensive care is personalized for each resident and is built upon daily routines, which are vital for those living with cognitive impairment.
Our caregivers provide one-on-one attention that incorporates physical activity, activities to stimulate cognitive skills and memory, socialization and hobbies your loved one enjoys. This scientifically backed, person-centered approach includes:
- Physical health (including nutrition and exercise)
- Cognitive abilities (using proven techniques and activities)
- Opportunities for creative expression and cultural arts
- Socialization and community connections
- Support for their spiritual health and belief systems
What is Cognitive Stimulation?
Mindful Moments with Lori:
Did you know that setting and working towards New Year’s resolutions can have several potential benefits for your brain health? While the direct impact can vary from person to person, here are some ways resolutions can contribute to overall brain health:
- Goal Setting & Cognitive Function:
- Setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals requires cognitive engagement. This stimulates areas of the brain associated with planning, decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Positive Mental Attitude :
- Pursuing resolutions often involves adopting a positive mindset. Positivity and optimism have been linked to better mental health and cognitive function.
- Stress Reduction:
- Resolutions that focus on stress management techniques, such as mindfulness or meditation, can contribute to better mental health.
- Enhanced Executive Functions:
- Pursuing resolutions can enhance executive functions like self-control, planning, and time management. These functions are associated with the prefrontal cortex, a region of the brain responsible for higher-order cognitive processes.
- Improved Mental Resilience:
- Working towards and achieving resolutions can foster a sense of resilience. Developing resilience is crucial for maintaining mental well-being and coping with life's challenges.
Did you know that chocolate, particularly dark chocolate, has been associated with certain brain health benefits? Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants that may have neuroprotective effects. These compounds have been linked to improved cognitive function and a reduced risk of neurodegenerative diseases.
Cocoa, the main ingredient in chocolate, contains flavonoids such as epicatechin, which may enhance blood flow to the brain, leading to better cognitive performance. Improved blood flow can contribute to increased oxygen and nutrient delivery to brain cells, supporting overall brain health.
Additionally, dark chocolate has been shown to have a positive impact on mood. It contains serotonin precursors and stimulates the release of endorphins, contributing to feelings of happiness and well-being.
As with all good things, exercise moderation, especially when eating chocolate! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Schedule a Guided Visit
BrightStar Senior Living in Mason is committed to providing an environment where your loved one can be themselves — whether they prefer an active lifestyle or would rather spend quiet moments with their peers. Contact us to schedule a visit or call 513.770.1778 to learn why families choose us to care for their loved ones.