At BrightStar Care® of Bay County, we believe in giving peace of mind to our clients by offering the highest quality care professionals available. Every BrightStar Care employee must exemplify our core values including serving with passion, kindness, and empathy, being honest, accountable, and reliable, and exceeding expectations.
Rigorous Screening and Training
We know that finding a compassionate, dedicated, and qualified care professional when you need one can be a difficult process for individuals, families, and healthcare providers. That’s why we are committed to rigorous recruitment and screening standards as well as high quality home care practices.
Our Employee Requirements
Our recruiters seek out top talent in every market we serve. We complete stringent screening, background checks, and face-to-face interviews with each candidate to ensure their qualifications and competencies are in line with our clients’ needs.
BrightStar Care conducts the following screening processes and practices for every employee to ensure you are getting the utmost in quality, skill, and professionalism every time:
- In-depth interview to determine skills and experience
- Criminal background check
- License/certificate verification in accordance with state law and requirements
- Continual license status monitoring throughout employee tenure
- Reference checks via phone or e-mail
- State health screenings as required by law
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Bloodborne pathogens training as stated by OSHA guidelines
- Current CPR certification
- Drug Screening
Once screened and approved for hire, each BrightStar Care employee undergoes:
- Competency verification by a Registered Nurse (RN)
- RN supervisory visits for personal care and skilled service cases at 60-day intervals
- In-office orientation prior to placement
- Employee performance reviews within the first 90 days and then annually after that
Ongoing Care Staff Monitoring and Education
To ensure our professional care team members stay current and are knowledgeable in healthcare advancements, BrightStar Care also encourages all of our employees to undergo continuing education and offers opportunities to complete classes at our offices.
And because it’s our goal to make your life easier, throughout your time with BrightStar Care, our representatives follow up with each placement to make sure it’s a good fit for your family or organization.
For more information about BrightStar Care employee requirements and screening process in Bay County, contact us at (850) 238-3270.