The need to provide in-home care for a loved one is, unfortunately, something that most people are rarely prepared for. Usually the result of an unforeseen accident, the sudden onset of an illness or emergency surgery, families often find themselves scrambling to make urgent and appropriate arrangements for home care in Orlando. It can be an overwhelming task to coordinate doctor’s orders, medications, wound care, meals, and follow-up appointments for a loved one who has now become totally dependent on you for their health and well-being. BrightStar Care wants you to know you don’t have to do any of this on your own, and it can all be done in the comfort of either your home or your loved ones.
Services provided with in-home care can range from skilled nursing care to companion care. You need to do your homework and select a company that will provide more than just basic services. If your loved one requires skilled nursing care you should expect services to be performed as prescribed by a physician such as:
- Wound care and medication administration (including injections)
- Blood pressure monitoring, blood sugar monitoring, blood draws, tube/drain or bag maintenance
- High tech nursing, home infusion therapy and patient education
At BrightStar Care we also provide hospice assistance and palliative care, occupational and physical therapy. The above-mentioned services are provided by skilled registered nurses (RN) or licensed practical nurses (LPN) or certified therapists. These services are available round the clock and do require doctors orders to be implemented.
At other times, families come to the realization that their elderly loved ones are no longer capable of caring for themselves but wish to remain home. In-home personal care through BrightStar Care provides highly screened and skilled staff members who will provide assistance with daily functions such as:
- Ambulation, oral and personal hygiene, feeding, bath visits, dressing and grooming, and toileting
- Outpatient pre and post-op assistance
Companion caregivers are an integral part of socialization for those who are mobility impaired. Companion care services are also provided in-home and encompass duties such as:
- Helping with laundry, light housekeeping, meal planning, and cooking
- Help with shopping and errands, transportation to and from doctor appointments and other activities and respite for family caregivers
Finding quality home care in Orlando is just a phone call away! Call BrightStar Care anytime at 407-877-0720, or click here to arranging services from the 2016 Best of Homecare Provider of Choice Award. Your loved one deserves the best in-home care possible. BrightStar Care is sure to deliver!