At BrightStar Care® of Baltimore City / County, we believe in giving peace of mind to our clients by offering the highest quality care professionals available. Every BrightStar Care employee must exemplify our core values including serving with passion, kindness, and empathy, being honest, accountable, and reliable, and exceeding expectations.
Rigorous Screening and Training
We know that finding a compassionate, dedicated, and qualified care professional when you need one can be a difficult process for individuals, families, and healthcare providers. That’s why we are committed to rigorous recruitment and screening standards as well as high quality home care practices.
Our Employee Requirements
Our recruiters seek out top talent in every market we serve. We complete stringent screening, background checks, and face-to-face interviews with each candidate to ensure their qualifications and competencies are in line with our clients’ needs.
BrightStar Care conducts the following screening processes and practices for every employee to ensure you are getting the utmost in quality, skill, and professionalism every time:
- Require a minimum of 2 years of experience
- BrightStar staff performs a phone screening and an in-depth interview with all candidates to determine skills and experience. Interviews average 60 minutes or more. Ability to deliver quality of care is a key
- Our background check includes:
- Multi-state criminal search
- Nationwide Sex Offender Registry
- Federal Criminal Records check
- Maryland Criminal Record check and county criminal background check
- Government Sanctions (OFAC, DDTC, AECA, BIS, GSA)
- Certified Nursing Assistants are fingerprinted/verified as part of their state licensure.
- Social Security number validation and verification of ability to legally work in the US
- Motor vehicle record checks, verification of a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Reference checks encompass at least the last 2 years of employment
- Hepatitis B vaccination is offered to all employees
- Flu shots are tracked for all employees
- All employees are drug tested
- Blood borne pathogen training is given to all employees as stated by OSHA guidelines
- HIPPA training and testing is completed
- Candidates must maintain CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) certification
- Employees are given an in-office competency assessment by the Director of Nursing and a day long orientation which includes testing on major topics to assess competence
- Continuing education credits are documented in employee’s record. Mandatory in-service education for employees is conducted twice a year. Employees are offered Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Delirium Training as well as specialized training on Parkinson’s, ALS and Hospice
- BrightStar offer almost 100 training programs to employees
- ALL EMPLOYEES ARE BONDED AND INSURED
- Employee performance reviews within the first 90 days and then annually after that
Ongoing Care Staff Monitoring and Education
To ensure our professional care team members stay current and are knowledgeable in healthcare advancements, BrightStar Care also encourages all of our employees to undergo continuing education and offers opportunities to complete classes at our offices.
And because it’s our goal to make your life easier, throughout your time with BrightStar Care, our representatives follow up with each placement to make sure it’s a good fit for your family or organization.
For more information about BrightStar Care employee requirements and screening process in Baltimore City / County, contact us at (443) 275-2796.