Caring for seniors and our elders requires long-term care planning. But many family members become caregivers overnight without being ready for it. A loved one falls down or an illness triggers a change in responsibility. After a certain period of time, family caregivers may realize they need help and begin searching for other solutions for senior care, which may include home care. Senior care options like adult day centers, retirement facilities, and nursing homes may not always be right and can be expensive. Home health care usually means a combination of non-medical and skilled medical or in-home nursing care services that enable seniors and others to live independently in their homes as long as possible. BrightStar Care can provide this valuable ongoing home care support.
Benefits of Senior Home Care
- Home is always associated with comfort, security and positive feeling. For seniors and for all of us, when we are not feeling well, we all want to be at home.
- Home care keeps families together while providing support.
- Senior home care can often be customized and personalized to a greater degree to suit both the needs of the senior and family.
- Home is where there is maximum freedom, security and comfort for the individual. Many times hospitals and nursing homes are more regulated. Home care offers much more flexibility.
- Provides seniors much needed dignity and independence. Seniors can continue to function independently with some assistance.
- Home care may be more cost efficient compared to other forms of health care. The patient does not have to pay for board/room expenses, food, etc.
- Moreover with advancement in technology many services that are available in the hospital can be provided at home.
6 Reasons to Consider In-Home Care
1) Safety. If your loved one should fall, have a seizure or experience another health-related emergency, an agency worker can contact emergency services, tend to your loved one, or even provide life saving service before help arrives.
2) Personal Care. In-home care providers can take care of bathing, nail filing, dressing, and toileting. In-home care providers are trained to provide professional service for demands ranging from simple to delicate tasks.
3) Medication Supervision. Workers will ensure your loved one is taking their medications on schedule, and can ensure they are refilled, stored properly, and can monitor for adverse effects.
4) Companionship. Having someone you trust to spend time with is vital for happiness, and with a capable and kind provider, your loved one will receive consistent companionship with loving care.
5) Meal Preparation. An in-home caregiver can ensure your loved one receives balanced, nutritious meals every day. Plus, they can keep your loved one company while they eat. They are also prepared to meet any dietary restrictions.
6) Errand Running. An in-home caregiver can run errands for your loved one, or even bring them along. Grocery shopping can be an enjoyable outing for many seniors if they have a companion.
BrightStar Care is ready to help. For more information about senior care services in East Charlotte, contact.us.