Click here to download the Questions to Ask Before Surgery PDF.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor About The Hospital Pre-Surgery
If you’re like many, you’re probably used to answering your doctor’s questions — not asking your own. But you have the right to ask questions
as well and you should ask questions – you are your own advocate after all! In fact, experts agree that you can get more out of your visits to the doctor when you prepare some questions ahead of time. Our “Questions to Ask Your Doctor” checklists can help guide you in getting the most out of every doctor visit. It’s just one more way we provide A Higher Standard of Care for your family.
- What will the surgery/procedure consist of? What are the potential complications/risks?
- What is your experience in performing this type of surgery/procedure?
- Will I be asleep during the surgery/procedure?
- Do I need to do any preparatory activities days and/or the night before?
- What will I need to bring on the day of the surgery/procedure?
- What will happen before the surgery/procedure?
- How long will it take?
- What can I expect after the procedure/surgery?
- What effects (temporary or permanent) will it have on me?
- Will I be able to go home right away? If not, how long will I need to be in the hospital?
- What, if any, medications will I need to take after and for how long?
- Is there anything more that I need to know?
Learn how BrightStar Care® can help:
866 618 STAR (7827) or Find a Location Online