We recently wrote about the research we conducted that identified the higher standard of home care that families are seeking when they have a loved one in need. However, families looking for quality care also find themselves faced with a lack of clinical quality standards within the private duty in-home care sector. That's why we've pulled together some key qualities that families should look for to identify a qualified care option. In addition to a lack of clinical quality standards, a general lack of knowledge of the industry can make it difficult to find a care solution that makes sense. Here are 5 qualities families should look for in any home care agency they may be considering:
- Availability. Operates on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis as many home care providers only operate during “regular business hours.”
- Registered Nurse oversight. Provides a comprehensive health and wellness evaluation conducted by a Registered Nurse with the expertise to craft a personalized plan of care around a loved one’s unique interests, personal, and healthcare needs.
- Trusted. Employs and oversees experienced, screened, compassionate, and trained nurses and caregivers.
- Core Values. Stands by its core values and ensures that the client will get the care they need and deserve.
- Accreditation. Committed to care standards that are validated through a major third-party healthcare standards accrediting body, like The Joint Commission.