Click here to download the Questions to Ask About Diet PDF.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Diet After Heart Attack, Stroke Or Surgery
If you’re like many, you’re probably used to answering your doctor’s questions — not asking your own. But you have the right to ask questions and you should ask questions – you are your own advocate after all! In fact, experts agree that you can get more out of your visits to the doctor when you prepare some questions ahead of time. Our “Questions to Ask Your Doctor” checklists can help guide you in getting the most out of every doctor visit. It’s just one more way we provide A Higher Standard of Care for your family.
- What foods should I eat and why?
- What foods should I limit and why?
- What are some cooking tips for me?
- What should I and should I not drink? Why?
- Where can I learn more about cooking heart healthy meals?
- How do I read food labels? What should I look for?
- How much sugar, fat, sodium and fiber should I look for? Fat grams? Calories?
- Should I look for dierent things depending on whether it’s food or drink? If so, why?
- What should I eat when I go out? How do I exercise portion control?
- What, if anything, can I eat at fast food restaurants?
- Can you refer me to a nutritionist to help me with meal planning?
- Where can I go to learn more?
- Is there anything more that I need to know?
Learn how BrightStar Care® can help: 866 618 STAR (7827) or Find a Location Online