Whether it’s when caring for a child or an elderly loved one, sometimes we all need a little additional help. Before automatically opting for a nursing home or full-time daycare, consider the option of in-home healthcare that allows your loved one to receive treatment and care within the comfort of her or his own home. With the full continuum of homecare available from newborn care and nanny services to companion care to skilled medical care for the elderly, there is a wide array of situations where in-home caregivers can ease everyday stressors. Below are five reasons to utilize in-home caregivers:
- Old Age & Related Issues – With old age comes an array of physical and emotional challenges. In-home caregivers can help assist elderly loved ones on a full-time basis or periodically throughout the week. This helps loved ones enjoy the comfort of their own homes and in many situations it allows them to hold on to their independence.
- When a Nurse is Necessary – Whether it’s a broken ankle or hip or a long-term illness, sometimes a regular nurse is necessary. To help keep yourself or loved ones on track with medications and check-ups, an in-home nurse can be very beneficial.
- Non-Ambulatory Situations – Often times our loved ones fall into situations where assistance is required, but an ambulance or hospital is not necessary. In-home caregivers help keep worry at bay and ensure safety for your loved ones who can still be independent, but need someone who is qualified and supportive.
- When Parents are Sick – Sometimes parents get sick and are temporarily unable to care for their young children. Whether it’s a debilitating illness or temporary illness like the flu, homecare agencies can help provide qualified babysitters on a temporary or long-term basis if the parents do not have the necessary resources.
- Too Sick for Work – From a strong strain of the flu to work-related injuries, sometimes you’re too sick for work but that doesn’t mean you require hospital care. In situations where a little extra help is necessary, temporary in-home caregivers can provide relief and assistance in a comforting place without being deserted in a hospital setting.
For more information or if you think you might need care, find a homecare provider near you or contact BrightStar Care today.