Like Mother's Day and Father's Day, we also have a whole day dedicated to our Grandparents!
Grandparents Day, celebrated on the first Sunday after Labor Day, is an opportunity for people to appreciate and express their love for their grandparents through kind actions such as making a phone call or inviting their grandparents for dinner.
Facts about Grandparents Day:
- It has a song - The official song for National Grandparents Day is "A Song for Grandma and Grandpa" by Johnny Prill.
- It has a flower - The official flower is the "forget-me-not" flower.
- It's not a Public Holiday - Even though it is a national holiday, it is celebrated as an observance and not a public holiday.
- It is the highest day for visits in Nursing Homes - There are many days you'd want to spend with your grandparents, but National Grandparents day was, on average, the highest day for nursing home visits.
- About four million greeting cards are sent within the United States each year on National Grandparents Day.
How to honor your grandparents on this special day:
On Grandparent's Day, activities such as gift-giving, card-giving, and for children to invite their grandparents to visit are fun ways to honor our Grandparents. "Many school students take part in story-telling activities related to their grandparents and art or poster competitions where children often use a story about their grandparents in their artwork."
More great ways to celebrate Grandparents Day: https://www.care.com/c/stories/3685/10-ways-to-celebrate-national-grandparents-da/
BrightStar Care of Conejo Valley - Thousand Oaks is a home health care agency providing 24/7 Hourly Private Duty RN Led Home Health Care and Medical Staffing Services.
Our caregivers and nurses offer support around the clock, providing a full continuum of medical and non-medical services and medical staffing. We proudly serve Los Angeles and Ventura County cities of Simi Valley, Moorpark, Oak Park, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, West Hills, Newbury Park, Calabasas, Agoura, Topanga, Malibu, and Hidden Hills areas.
For more information on how BrightStar Care supports Conejo Valley families and businesses and learn more about our local team of nurses, caregivers, and skilled healthcare professionals – please Click Here.