Men's Health Week leads to Father's Day and is a great way to celebrate Dads and encourage them to take care of their health!
The main goal of Men's Health Week is to bring attention and awareness to the well-being of men worldwide and is part of National Men's Health Month, the month-long recognition of men's health with activities and events to remind men to take care of their bodies. This week, June 13-20th is about healthy bodies and minds, exercise, a good diet, and regular visits to the doctor.
WHAT TO DO DURING MEN'S HEALTH WEEK:
Make a Health Care appointment
- "Have a mole you need looked at, or an elbow injury that keeps flaring up? Feel like your digestion has been off, or maybe it's just time for you to schedule a test? Use Men's Health Week as an excuse to make a call and get that appointment on the calendar."
Head to the gym
Wear a blue ribbon
- The blue ribbon symbolizes Men's Health, and wearing one this week will show your commitment to the cause. It also does double duty as a conversation starter, helping you spread the good news about Men's Health Week to anyone curious enough to ask!
WHY BRIGHTSTAR CARE SUPPORTS NATIONAL MEN'S HEALTH WEEK:
We love men:
- We all have fathers, brothers, sons, grandfathers, and friends that are men! Some of us are even men ourselves! We want the men in our lives to be healthy, happy, and with us for a long time and encourage them to take care of themselves.
Men's Health Week helps us talk to the men in our life about their health:
- Because many men are encouraged to be macho and invincible, they often ignore symptoms and put off doctor appointments because "they're fine." Men's Health Week is all about peer pressure in the other direction!
It is an excuse to follow HIS bliss:
- "It can be hard to find time to do the things we love to do, but Men's Health Week is a good reminder that health is also about happiness. Take a hike, walk, play a round of golf, read a book, or take a nap. Do what relaxes you! It's all healthy."
We hope you'll join us in celebrating the Men in your life this month!
BrightStar Care of Las Vegas provides hourly and 24/7 home health care and medical staffing services. Our Professional Care Team, led by a Registered Nurse Director of Nursing, delivers expert, compassionate, and personal home care, including COVID-19 care, employee screening, and testing for businesses and clients. Our professional care experts are ready to serve 24/7. RN oversight ensures the proper care from the right people.
We proudly provide home health care and support for seniors to children, including 24-hour skilled nursing and support in senior independent and assisted living communities. We proudly serve The Lakes Summerlin, North Las Vegas, Southwest Las Vegas, Spring Valley, Spanish Trails, and Spanish Hills in NV.
To learn more about BrightStar Care of Las Vegas's commitment to excellence, please CLICK HERE or call 702-982-2273.