Click here to download the Questions to Ask About Cholesterol PDF.
Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Cholesterol
If you’re like many, you’re probably used to answering your doctor’s questions — not asking your own. But you have the right to ask questions
as well and you should ask questions – you are your own advocate after all! In fact, experts agree that you can get more out of your visits to the doctor when you prepare some questions ahead of time. Our “Questions to Ask Your Doctor” checklists can help guide you in getting the most out of every doctor visit. It’s just one more way we provide A Higher Standard of Care for your family.
- What do my cholesterol numbers mean?
- What is the difference between “good” cholesterol and “bad” cholesterol?
- What is my goal cholesterol level?
- How often should I have my levels checked?
- What are the implications of high cholesterol, i.e. signs/symptoms?
- How does exercise affect my cholesterol levels?
- What type of foods should I eat and why?
- Will I need cholesterol-lowering medicine? If so, what kind?
- What does cholesterol medicine do?
- How long will it take to reach my cholesterol goals?
- What happens if I exercise and eat right and my cholesterol numbers still don’t go down?
- Where can I go to learn more?
- Is there anything more that I need to know?
Learn how BrightStar Care® can help:
866 618 STAR (7827) or Find a Location Online