In February, BrightStar Care announced the national winners of our annual Nurse of the Year and Caregiver of the Year awards at its annual conference. Our CEO and Founder, Shelly Sun made an unprecedented decision to recognize all eight regional honorees as national winners at the conference, marking the first time since the award's inception that something to this caliber has happened.
It was extremely important to BrightStar Care to celebrate its nurses and caregivers for keeping their clients safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and as it continues with new variants and challenges. These awards highlight the interconnectedness between BrightStar Care nurses and caregivers and how they seamlessly work together to deliver a higher standard of care.
Learn more about our 2021 national Nurses and Caregivers of the Year:
Nurse of the Year
- West Region: Tina Seever, RN of BrightStar Care Carlsbad, California
- Northeast Region: Stephanie Fradette, RN of BrightStar Care West Hartford, Connecticut
- Southeast Region: Jessica Cagwin, BSN, RN, CCM of BrightStar Care S. Charlotte, North Carolina
- Midwest Region: Dawn Gonzalez, MSN, RN, APN, FNP, CRRN of BrightStar Care Schaumburg, Illinois
Caregiver of the Year
- West Region: Maricon Ocampo of BrightStar Care Lake Forest, California.
- Northeast Region: Kay Madlingozi, CHHA of BrightStar Care Southbury, Connecticut
- Southeast Region: Leah Smith, CNA of BrightStar Care S. Charlotte, North Carolina
- Midwest Region: Ryan Peterson, CNA of BrightStar Care Lake Elmo, Minnesota
BrightStar Care Nurses and Caregivers of the Year were nominated by their clients, family members of clients, and/or colleagues. Nominators must describe how a BrightStar Care nurse or caregiver has gone above and beyond to deliver exceptional care, and how they have impacted the lives of the person receiving care and their family.